Newbies By Maybelline

6.2.16



Hello lovelies, happy weekend.

Maybelline is one of my fave drugstore brands especially when it comes to mascaras, in fact, I'll choose their lash sensational mascara over any a high end one any day. I'm sure most of you already know that they just recently released a quite a few new goodies and yes I'm going to share'em with ya'll, I didn't get everything, only the things that I know I'll be actually using.


The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette 

 I think it's pretty easy to see where Maybelline got their inspiration from, guesses anyone? yes, the UD naked 3 palette which is loved by many. The blushed nudes palette is not as pigmented and shimmery as the naked one, to get the same effect you have to use more layers which means you're going to run out of the product quite fast, unless you prefer less pigmentation, in that case you'll love this beauty.

The wear time is great, lasted up to 8 hours on me, They didn’t seem to budge, flake or crease throughout the entire day. and was super easy to remove. As you can see the palette consists of twelve beautiful rosy shades with a matte shadow and then a mix of satins and a couple of shimmers. I think this is great for all skin tones and it was for £6.99 which I can't complain.

Super stay 24 Hour Setting Spray 

I hardly ever use a setting spray as I don't think I need one for my very dry skin because makeup on my face stays where it's supposed to stay but still I wanted to see if a setting spray would make any other differences and no, it really wasn't for me, I think it sprays too much product and if you don't spray it far enough away, it dries leaving behind white spots. it feels super sticky and I also disliked that hairspray smell, but maybe it's just me not used to setting sprays and you're all probably like "duuu that's how it was supposed to be" right now so I'm sorry but it's a no-no from me.
   

Colour Show Nail Polishes

I really love their colour show polishes and they included a few new shades in the collection "The Blushed Nudes" , the one I got my hands on is  the Crimson Flush which is a beautiful old rose pink shade, it's one of those colours that are hard to describe but it's not too bright or light, it's juts perfect. The polish lasted up to a week on my nails which I'm super happy about , I will definitely purchase more shades from this collection for spring.


Master Drama Nudes Eye Pencil 

I only ever use shimmery eyeliners for the inner corner of my eyes and i adore this little beauty, it's a super lovely nude pink shade, they also have couple of other brownish shades which I will get my hands on when I'm in town next time,  it lasted all day on me without smudging or creasing, perfect stuff.  

  SuperStay 24 hour lip Colour

These have been on my wish list for awhile now and since they added a few new shades to go with their Blushed Nudes collection, it was a perfect excuse to purchase one, I got the shade 130 Pinking of you, It's a lovely nude pinky shade and when I actually applied it on my lips, the colour was a bright pink and I wasn't too worried about it because it was still a beautiful shade.

Now to the formula, I don't like writing negative reviews but I gotta be honest here, this is the worst lip product I have ever tried, it clings really well to the dry part of the lip, but doesn't react well with the moisture on the inside of the lip, creating two gross lines, You also can't re-apply these lip colours after a few hours as it goes all dry, crumbled mess and needs to be removed completely so you can start again and a piece of tissue won't work, you'll be needing of a proper makeup remover to get it off  so it's not great for travelling, the lipstick comes with a balm that you're supposed to apply after the lipstick which made no difference for me, perhaps it's just this particular shade that's not so good or maybe my lips are just too dry but either way I won't be buying these again.



Baby Lip Balm And Blush

This is a new addition to the Baby Lips line, these are multi purpose balms that can be used on the lips and cheeks, I think this is something i'll need for my "no makeup" makeup day and believe me I have those a lot. These balms give a lovely sheen to the skin, nothing too over the top, just a bit of a natural glow, and they are super moisturizing on the lips, I know Some lip balms are hard and drag the skin but this one glides on easily

The packaging is just the cutest thing ever! The balms look similar to the EOS lip balms, with their egg shape and are super easy to apply, I actually prefer using these than a regular twist up balm. will definitely  keep these in my bag. 


Thanks for stopping by & feel free to share your thoughts 

24 comments

  1. I have been trying the new L'Oreal setting spray and that also leaves white marks and ruins your makeup! I think i will stick with the Urban Decay setting spray.

    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave | Blog SEO Tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the UD one yet but I almost see everyone talk about it, must be good xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Blushed Nudes palette! The shades are all really beautiful. The quality of the shadows isn't the best especially compared to UD like you mentioned but with that price you can't really go wrong!

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eye pencil looks really nice and so does the eye shadow palette! :)
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye palette really is the loveliest :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Thank you and of course I will <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's so lovely ! definitely give it a try x

      Delete
  6. The Lash Sensational is my holy grail mascara, and these products look lovely, especially the blushed nudes palette!
    Great post x

    Alice
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think nothing will beat the Urban Decay setting spray, the L'oreal one is awful! I agree with you on the Lash Sensational mascara being amazing, I love it!
    jodiemelissa.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually heard a few people say how bad the L'oreal setting spray one is, won't be purchasing that one ):

      Delete
  8. I love Maybelline! I've had my eye on the eyeshadow palette for a whole now, and you've convinced me! I'll have to pick it up next time I'm in the drugstore. Great reviews!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Totally go for it, for that price, nothing wrong can happen <3 xx

      Delete
  9. That's disappointing about the setting spray, I absolutely love it. I love the sound of Nude Eye pencil, I definitely need to check that out. I have the new baby lips and I agree with you about the shape, I prefer it to regular ones to xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review, thanks for sharing! Loving that shadow palette.

    xo, Alice || a l i c e / T Y P E N U

    ReplyDelete
  11. That baby lip balm and blush seems pretty nice.
    I need to check it in store

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  12. too bad the spray didnt work out for you. I hear the one from Loreal is pretty amazing!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete

© mev and flor. Design by FCD.